Russian Salmon is a non-commercial conservation organization which supports projects aimed at the conservation of salmon populations throughout Russia. The Association specifically promotes the protection of aquatic ecosystems by encouraging eco-friendly tourism and recreational sport fishing that employs a catch & release ethic.
The Association works in conjunction with scientific, governmental, private and public organizations, and individuals that share the common goal of conserving salmon stocks as a valuable national biological resource.
- To study and preserve the diversity of Russian ecosystems that support salmon by employing state-of-the-art and scientifically justified methods.
- To educate the people of Russia in a new attitude towards the protection of their natural resources, ensuring the sustainable coexistence of salmon and humans by promoting recreational fishing based upon the principle of catch & release.
We are looking to cooperate with anyone who shares our goals.
In cooperation with scientific, governmental, private, and public organizations, Russian Salmon plans to take the following steps:
- Identify resources and like-minded people to implement salmon conservation efforts.
- Develop and implement systems of wise management of the natural resources that will ensure a balanced coexistence of humans and all aquatic life in Russian rivers.
- Design and implement scientifically proven models for the wise management of water reservoirs to preserve salmon stocks.
- Develop eco-tourism and recreational catch & release fishing opportunities.
- Take action against poaching.
- Develop scientifically justified laws, rules, principles and ethical standards of recreational fishing and ecological tourism within the Russian Federation.
- Work with local authorities to ensure that salmon conservation is a factor in all decision making.
- Restore water reservoirs and water protection areas.
- Support ecological education projects for the people of Russia.